View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 02:58 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8mush View Post
I think its great to wear attire of a team's rival as long as that rival is playing. But if a Yankee fan wears a Yankees hat to Fenway when the Red Sox are playing the Orioles or something, it annoys me. And I'm a Yankees fan haha. If I go to Yankee Stadium and they are hosting the Red Sox/Orioles/Phillies/whoever, its great to see the other teams fans show up supporting their team. But it annoys me to see Red Sox attire at a Yankees/Rays game! haha. Just a peave, nothing hateful, but a peave
What you are saying makes sense, and I will keep it in mind - I can always wear my Texas A&M hat to game the Astros aren't playing in. Plus, that way people might feel sorry for me and buy me beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8mush View Post
So back on topic, it seems they've approved the Astros to the AL West. Houston fans will have to stay up late watching those West Coast matchups. And also 10 of the 30 teams will now be in the playoffs. 5 AL teams and 5 NL teams. The two Wild Card teams, if I understand it right, will have a 3 game playoff to end up with 4 playoff teams. Personally, I don't like it. In a few years they'll raise it to a 5 game series then 7 game series. Its all for money. Like Yogi Berra replied when asked how much $ is enough ... "Just a little more!"
I don't like the 10 playoff team thing, but the up-side is that the wild-card team will have to go through an extra series to get to the division winners.

What I really dislike about this is the interleague games will take place throughout the entire season. As you say, it's all about money.

Things that have peeved me about baseball, in no particular order:

DH
Interleague play
Too many playoff teams
No day games for the playoffs
Getting rid of the huge cheap cheap sections in the outfield
Any use of the replay
No brush-back pitches (ala Gibson and Drysdale)
Batters standing and enjoying their HR's (pitchers should be able to nail them for that)
Yankees fans wearing their caps, anywhere