View Single Post
Old 07-30-2023, 07:06 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Zero doubt in my mind on March 1 that, if this season went in the shitter, which it has, 70% of Met fans will blame Lindor for it first and foremost. Zero doubt. I hear 1 McNeill complaint for every 500 Lindor complaints. Maybe 4 Pete complaints for every 500 Lindor complaints. Odd dynamic. Struggling to figure out why that is. (Well, not really.) Sure Lindor is overpaid. Owner is like the 18th wealthiest person in the country. Why would anyone care what any of these guys are getting paid? Do folks lose sleep over Cohens $200 million art purchases too? Only a certain type of guy who fans care about overpaid. Certainly not Scherzer. Guy is getting paid I think $25 million from 3 different clubs this year. Haven't heard one person raise an issue on his paycheck.
Lindor was all star level with Cleveland until his last year with them. We gave up good players and brought him over to be one with the Mets. It was players and then a huge contract. He hasn’t been nearly as good as he was with Cleveland. Cleveland saw the decline and was thrilled to get what they did for him. Ask any Cleveland fan if they miss him. Not sure why you seem to want Mets fans to be happy about this.