Thread: Bid Retractions
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 09:00 AM
J3ff Thr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwolf1963 View Post
How does this happen? Do any of you have more than 1 bid retraction .. if that??
Been wanting to answer this one and saw an opportunity with Ed's question.

Yes, I am one of them. I have no bid retractions in the last 30 days but have 10 in the last 6 months. I did receive a warning from PWCC but shrugged it off since I hadn't retracted any bids with PWCC. I understand the warning and have been better.

2 reasons I have retracted bids:
1. Bid on 4 or 5 cards that I found out were reprints after bidding (very good fakes I might add)....this was after contacting seller
2. Simply wrote in the wrong amount such as $245 instead of $24.50

I get the concerns on bid retractions especially when they are associated to a single seller, but you have to have a little more basis for banning a buyer.

I currently bid on most t206 auctions that have low starting prices. I bid on virtually all of Brent's non-HOF listings which ended on Sunday, for example. I won 3 total auctions and was very happy about it.

Unfortunately bidding through your phone doesn't do a confirmation before placing the bid. Anyone who texts frequently knows that you go through the motions and continue on.....fast. Unfortunately I don't press the decimal sometimes and then I have to retract a bid. For those who haven't retracted bids, I will add that this is a valid reason for a bid retraction by eBay rules if outside of 12 hours of auction end. Plus if you still want to bid on the auction, your minimum bid has to be equal to your retracted bid.......so basically you are out of the auction.

There's more to it than a bid retraction.