View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 03:17 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I've got high hopes for him. Sweet swing just hope his injury doesn't slow him down.

When I bought the box I was thoroughly annoyed that I pulled a Cutter Dykstra auto in the very first pack I opened. Then in my last pack I pulled Winker's Team USA card /25 and forgot all about that crappy Dykstra.
Why do you hurt me?

Your Cutter Dykstra recollection is bringing back bad memories of my own.

My first box of Bowman Chrome was the 2010 series. The auto I pulled? A Jhan Marinez refractor auto.

Hmm. Strike one.

So, a little later when the 2011 Chrome came out, I bought two boxes. Autos? A Cutter Dykstra refractor auto, and a Bradley Holt base auto.

Strike two and three. And...you're buying individual autos now.

But wait, you might be thinking. Surely I pulled a nice refractor card in those three boxes, right? Why, yes, I pulled a gold refractor Tops 100 from the 2010 box. Can't miss prospect. Book value at the time $50!

Woo hoo. At least I had that, right...?

/face palm. Not so much.

I don't know how I could have done any worse. But hey, $225 bucks spent, lesson learned.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 10-27-2014 at 03:20 PM.