View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Default What should I do, ebay problem:

Posted By: Chris Counts

I agree with Leon ... when the buyer listed it, and you bought it, a contract was agreed upon. This has actually happened to me twice. The first time it happened, an eBay seller posted an ex-mt 1955 Bowman set, listing each card at a time. He intended to put a $1 minimum bid on each card, but somehow posted a BIN instead. I quickly bought most of the stars. In response, the seller sent me an email confirming his mistake, and he conceded that, as an eBay seller, he had an obligation to selling me all the cards at $1 each (Mays, Aaron, etc.). He suggested, however, that if I disregarded the transaction, he would let me have any one card of my choice for $1 (Mantle was off-limits). Under the circumstances, I didn't hesitate to accept his offer, because it seemed so fair. I was happy to get a great card for $1, and he was thrilled he only lost one card for $1. It turned out to be a perfect transaction for both parties. The second one involved a bunch of old postcards ... the seller intended that each one have a minimum bid of $5, but he put BINs on them instead. After clicking the $5 BINs on a bunch of great old early 20th century postcards, I offered him the same deal: If he let me have one for $5, I'd disregard other transactions. Like the first seller, he conceded I was entitled to all the postcards, and he happily accepted my offer ...