View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 06:36 PM
Er1c Sh@rp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoodedcoder View Post
your comparing baseball cards prices to baseball card prices on cards of similiar nature and condition to draw the conclusion that the price is fair....then you use the anology about a bracelet and paying above scrap metal value for it. i think a better anology would be to compare it to the same braclet at a higher price.

either that or you need to change your argument to say that all cards are not worth more than the cardboard and ink value. this is where your argument falls apart....right? anyone that read your sentance can clearly see your anology is drastically flawed.

if 95 percent of the world sells something at one price and 5 percent sell it for 3 times what the rest sell that is a different scenario. it doesn't make someone a crook but it also isn't the best business practice in the world.

the people selling it at 3 times market value clearly know its marked up 300 percent. i think people see greed when others do that. i think its understandable that they see the greed in that and don't like it. did they do anything wrong? no absolutely not. does that make it 100 percent ok. probably not. turn the question inward to yourself. would you be happy knowing you paid triple a price when you could just as easily got it for the list price if you knew what you were doing?

lack of knowledge plays a part here. had you known...you would have never paid triple the price. supply...demand. when the cards are readily available no person of sane, sound or mind having knowledge would pay that price. this basically means while not praying on people, his business model does though however only attract people that do NOT know what they are doing.

it doesn't take much to see my point here.

kevin
Too much to read while the fights are on. My only point is that it's just baseball cards. They are really not that big of a deal.