Thread: 73-9
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 07:53 AM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

I am reluctant to dismiss what the Warriors have done the past two seasons with a "Back in my day..." hand wave. That isn't to say they are better than the great dynasties of NBA past, but they also have a superstar doing things no one else in the history of the game has ever done. The Warriors use the three-point shot like no other dynasty in the history of the league.

Curry is the first player ever to shoot 50% from the field, 40% on three pointers, 90% from the line and lead the league in scoring. Curry was the first player ever to hit 300 three pointers in league history, and be broke the 400 mark before any other player in the history of the league ever got to 300 three pointers in a season. I am old enough to remember prime Larry Bird and what a feared, deadly three-pointer shooter he was. In Bird's greatest three-point shooting season, he still made less than 25 percent of the three-pointers Curry made this season. Curry has made more three-pointers over the past two seasons than Larry Bird made in his entire career. That's how the game has evolved, and the Warriors take advantage of that better than anyone else.

The four greatest seasons in terms of three-point field goals made in a season are three seasons by Steph Curry and one by Klay Thompson. IMO, it is difficult to justify that the current Warriors team would not belong on the court with any of the great teams of the past when they are so proficient at perfecting the modern NBA game of an offense that exploits the three-point shot.

Last edited by Bored5000; 04-14-2016 at 08:12 AM.