View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 01:41 PM

Default UPDATE: Recently got Bob's 1961 Post Cereal Koufax

Recently, a small package arrived in the mail containing Bob Lemke's fantasy card of his 1961 Post Cereal Sandy Koufax. Exceptionally nice and most satisfying. I am genuinely thrilled.

The size is spot-on. The single card was cut in such a way that the black line circumventing a 1961 Post is completely intact, with a tiny portion of white surrounding the black. This constitutes a perfect cut for a serious Post Cereal collector. Bob makes his cards with a matte surface, which fits in just fine with the semi-gloss genuine Post.

The pose of Sandy was superb, and his smile radiates. It would trace from before 1961, and I find that pleasing as well. The coloring on the card somehow captures the same as a genuine Post, which is very impressive. Bob Lemke really researched hard to find the elusive fonts, and there were several that had to be found, and he has done it! Bravo. Bravo.

All in all, Bob has truly captured the essence and aura of the 1961 Post Cereal. With it being a fantasy from 1961, that year was significant and the pivotal breakout year for Sandy Koufax. Good choice on Bob's part.

Bob Lemke did not ask me to write this. My superlatives for "my latest card" are sincere and from the heart. As a postwar regional / food connoisseur, I love this card and will display it with pride along with my genuine, original period pieces.

-----Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 05-23-2015 at 01:41 PM.