View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 01:54 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Default Question Answered

Based on this program I found on the Goldin Auction Site that came from the original owner who scored the game and kept his ticket stub. (part of this auction Lot) I believe the question I originally asked "Did I purchase an opening day program has been answered. And the answer is YES. Doug Goodman was kind enough to share a scan of his scored program from opening day and it matched mine exactly. Doug said that that only meant that it was from the opening series of 2 games. I sent him links to an REA auction that showed a program with a different printed lineup that was purported to be an opening day program. After examining it Doug agreed with me that the opening day program was unique. Today I came across a Goldin auction lot of both a scored program and a Ticket stub from an original owner. That program below matches the programs that Doug and I own. So I believe that answers the question.
But it raises a couple more first the REA program and second the program on Ebay which matches the REA program but has pen notations on Pitcher etc. that supposedly support it being an opening day program which it is not.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mantle opening day.jpg (19.4 KB, 63 views)