View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 09:50 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAllen2556 View Post
From a selfish Tiger fan's perspective, I'd like to see a movie about Mickey Cochrane and the story of him coming to the Tigers and leading them to their first modern day world series title. I've read that the stress he put himself under was tremendous. Then in 1937 he was hit in the head by a pitch and it nearly killed him. Supposedly, he was never the same person or ball player after that. His downward spiral after that incident seems quite tragic, and sad.
I own this image of that tragic event taken as it happened with the bat still falling.

It wasn't only this tragic moment that sent him in a spiral, though, it was also the war and the death of his son on D-Day.

I would love to see a more general movie of the Negro leagues. As a focus they could use many great players. Maybe Satchel Paige would be good since he had such a long career.

I would also love to see a beginning of Baseball movie. Because I am in St. Louis they could focus on Chris Von Der Ahe and his St. Louis Browns and his turning the game of Base ball into the business we see now (including theme nights and selling beer at the games).

Last edited by bn2cardz; 02-26-2016 at 09:51 AM.