View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 01:19 PM
Todd Schultz

Default Me too, Andrew

I meant to post this in the main forum, where it presumably would get more response. Oh well.

The more puzzling question for me is the motivation behind resubmitting the card. It was an SGC 60 until it sold on ebay just last month--July 5th to be exact. Now it's in Goodwin's auction as an SGC 20.

I'm not implying anything sinister by anyone--just observing what seems very odd. After winning the card on ebay July 5, someone likely waited 3-5 days for it to arrive. He then cracked it out or sent it in on what would likely be an accelerated basis for a new grade, had it graded and returned, was apparently unhappy and then consigned to Goodwin, all in the space of little more than a month.

It's weird to even resubmit the card. Cards with any kind of stamping stand a good chance of being downgraded severely (even if unfairly). Hoping for a bump in grade seems farfetched. Moreover, if there are any set collectors at all for this issue, they are not going to be so picky about condition so as to pass on an SGC 60 or pay exceptionally more for a card one grade higher. There simply is no active competition that would make it worth the risk of resubmission. Strange, IMO.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.