View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 10:45 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
Just gotta correct, Bum didn't lose in the LDS, he got touched up for 3 (all on Arrietta HR) runs over 5 innings, but the Giants eventually won 6-5 in 13 innings. Those 3 runs represented the first runs he's ever given up in an elimination game. His prior scoreless stretch in elimination games included, a 9 inning CG SHO in the 2014 WC game, 5 scoreless innings to close Game 7 of the 2014 WS and another 9 inning CG SHO in the 2016 WC game.

Add onto that a WS record that includes--- 8 SHO innings in the 2010 WS (as 21 year old rookie), 7 SHO innings in the 2012 WS, then in 2014-- 7 innings w/ 1 ER in game 1, a 9 inning CG SHO in game 5, and the 5 SHO innings to close game 7. It's pretty amazing in its totality. Kershaw destroys Bum's regular season statistics and he's a likely a HOF, but he doesn't come close to touching Bum's record in October.
there was nothing for you to correct. I never claimed to compare their past history in the postseaon.

i clearly was talking about this years postseason. If the Giants score zero in his last start than Bum loses and he was in line to lose. My post doesnt say he lost it notes that the pitching lines were very close for each of these big guys in their last games against the cubs. This thread has been about THIS postseason not being a black mark on kershaw's postseason.

Everyone seems to agree that Kershaw would of won MVP of the Nats/Dodgers series and Kershaw went 1-1 in 2 games versus the cubs in which his team scored exactly 1 run. Thats not remotely close to a bad postseason THIS year. There was no postseason problem for Kershaw this year is all i am saying. You are allowed to lose 1 game in 5 games (and be a big part in 4 wins, one of which was 1-0) and the 1 game you lose your team scores zero.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 10-23-2016 at 10:55 PM.