View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 04:25 PM
M@rk Comer

Default 1969

Darren,

I figure you had to take at least a day off and possible two, to think constantly with no interruptions, long and hard, using all of your mental capacity to find any Brooksie cards that weren’t totally awesome. (As a side note I still can’t believe they used that photo for the ‘58). I think Brooks didn’t feel that well that day and it was after a run in spring training when the photographer snapped the photo. It was originally a B&W photo that was colorized. In fact the flexichrome artwork for the 1958 Topps is for sale on eBay. The card would have looked a tad bit better if they did a landscape card with more of his uniform present as well as make him farther (no farther than that...) away. By the way, Brooks doesn’t like the card as well (if you were wondering). Love the setup on the ‘58 Topps; would have been a great looking card with a different pic.

Tom,

Wasn’t it bad enough that the ‘58 Brooksie card was not quite the best looking card out there. Garsh; now I have to think of Gomer Pyle every time I see it (at least you didn’t mention Goober Pyle).