View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 05:34 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcwcardz View Post
On those 89 boxes it can be done. People used to get the Griffey then fill the box with packs from other boxes where they did the same. So there are all these boxes out there with no Griffey because essentially its been searched even though the packs are there and unopened.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
I don't remember the sequencing anymore but I used to do it all the time back in the 80's. The only one I still kind of remember it the 89 Topps DoubleHeaders cards. The McQwire was the bottom pack in the front left(maybe right) corner in every box. I used to do the same with cello and rack packs.

I do not know how easy it is to reseal this stuff but we had a former member on here get a ton of resealed cello packs with star players showing past them.

EDIT: I will also add that the companies used to pull insane amounts of star players out to sell in huge lots. So sometimes this accounts for not getting any good cards out of a box. I had this happen to me recently with a box of 90 Donruss. Not a single star card in the entire box and the box was bought out of a sealed case by my brother back when they came out. I 100% know card companies did this as I had several friends and relatives that worked for one in the 80's/90's.

Last edited by bnorth; 08-26-2016 at 06:14 AM.