View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 05:00 PM
Ryan Waggoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I wonder about strategies sometimes. There has been an ebay item listed at all kinds of amounts in the $450-$500 range for the last several years. (I am not outing it as I still am always considering it ) The seller now has it listed around $30 higher than my last offer was. I had made a few lower offers before and all exchanges have been very polite.
I don't really understand those kind of strategies sales. Maybe they don't know why I am do damned cheap? ...(it's in my DNA).
But if I have something for sale on a Best offer, for years, and someone offers within 10-20 percent, they own it.
I've had quite a few situations where a seller will have an item listed for more than I can pay, but I'll make an offer for what I can afford and they'll decline it. I'll keep it in my watch list and every couple of months I'll re-offer the same offer as before. Eventually, they give in and take my offer cause their item has been sitting there for 8 months without even a whiff of another offer. Always happens on Venezuelans, LOL.