View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 04:05 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Time for me to take a deep breath and find my happy place...
This thread reminds me of each and every thread in the memorabilia section where someone asks people to identify the player(s) in a picture, and the responses are so ridiculously off that I don't know what to do with myself. Apparently every picture taken early in the last century had Joe Jackson or Ty Cobb in it. Oy vey.

Please know that there is no offense intended to anyone whatsoever, but the MLB silhouette doesn't look like Killebrew at all, come on!!! How can anyone possibly believe that?? Seriously, what am I missing??? He had a round, maybe bulbous, head. This 'player' has a thin, long head with a prominently pointy nose. It portrays a slender guy. No chubbiness in the face (no offense, Killer). The artist apparently said it was an amalgam of players, but if it was based mostly on an actual player, it was Pete Rose. It's basically a dead ringer for him (and his head). Maybe it's a generational thing, but I literally can't understand how anyone looks at the MLB logo and DOESN'T immediately see Charlie Hustle (random pictures from the 60's grabbed quickly from the internet)...

gettyimages-177153497-1024x1024.jpg
th.jpg
signed_pete_rose_autographed_8x10_photo_cincinnati_reds_psa_dna_certified_p168787.jpg
pete_rose_1966_07_01.jpg
58569-11Fr.jpg

...end of rant, and another deep breath taken.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 12-05-2018 at 05:05 PM.