View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 08:09 AM
Patr1ck Mu111N5

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
+1

I live in Washington state. When Jeter announced his retirement, I realized I had never seen him live. So I bought tickets in February to his last home series in Seattle versus the Mariners. I'm not even a Yankees fan! I even took my toddler so he could say when he's 65 that he went to a Derek Jeter game (granted he can't remember it). We sat out in the section that is normally "King's Corner" with the Felix Hernandez fans. I'm not lying that I hardly saw a Mariner's jersey in that corner. We were surrounded by people who had New York accents. He is an icon. Biggest player of my generation. I doubt that will be the last Jeter card to hit that number. Mike Trout might be a better player, but unless he gets those WS rings, he won't compete with Jeter for legendary status.
Not to derail, but when I recently heard the Patriots were playing at FedEx Field vs the Redskins I bought tickets for the family and went to watch Brady play since the Redskins are the closest team to us (3 hours). That place was PACKED with Patriots/Brady fans about 70/30. I knew it was probably going to be the last shot I had seeing him play in person and that's how most of the people in our section felt as well.