View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Default Help with a 1953 Topps Baseball Poster...

Posted By: Jeff Shepherd

I took a chance on this a while back. Pics were poor on Ebay, and there were several other repros floating around the net at that time. When I received it, I compared it to another Topps-issued poster in my collection from 1949 - this one advertising Bazooka Gum. They were both printed on similar thinner poster stock, and had unused glue strips on both sides, reminiscent of an envelope.

No doubt it's legitimate - I was just hoping someone had some info on it. I know it was more than likely issued to store owners and retailers to promote the 1953 Topps Baseball card set. Possibly found within the actual boxes or shipping cases of cards. I can't imagine it being a common item - does anyone remember a legitimate copy coming up for sale, and if so a rough price?

I've included a pic of the poster, as well as the Bazooka poster issued four years prior, and a comparison of both reverses showing the glue strips. Hope this info helps if you ever find yourself presented with one. Thanks in advance!