View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 01:00 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike c View Post
This is my first post and items may have discussed before. The elite 11 T206 cards come with both PIEDMONT 350 and EPDG backs. It appears from my limited evaluation of EBAY listing that PIEDMONT 350 backs sell for considerably more money than EPDG backs. From just the PSA population report some items are much rarer with PIEDMONT 350 backs like Mullin ( 4 PIEDMONT 13 EPDG) and Spencer (1 PIEDMONT 9 EPDG) . However some cards are the nearly the same rarity level and in the case of Ganley ( 7 PIEDMONT 5 EPDG) it is scarer with the EPDG back yet the Piedmont 350 appears to sell for more. I realize this is a small sample size. Has anyone done a detail evaluation of the relative scarcity of these back from grading services population reports, auctions, EBAY etc?
I am also curious why Al Shaw was not included in the elite 11 group.

Mike

I've studied these 11 guys since 2007: Joe Doyle NAT'L and it's 11 "cousins"....SURVEY...... http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=87180

And, very recently: Regional source of the Elite 11 cards...... Post #198 in http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...237816&page=20

My surveys regarding the "Elite Eleven" indicate that there are no precise comparisons with their PIEDMONT 350 (P350) backs vs. their EPDG backs. Some subjects are found
with more P350 than EPDG; and, others with more EPDG than P350. For example: I have had 3 - Lundgren's with P350 backs, and only 1 with an EPDG back.
While I have had only one P350 of Lindaman, and 4 - EPDG cards of him.

Note
The Schulte card has not yet been found with an EPDG back. Currently, I do not consider Schulte as an Elite 11 subject. When (and if) this card is found with an EPDG back,
then I will officially include him in this group.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 09-29-2017 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Correct typo.