View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 10:11 AM
Steve Birmingham

I think that the numbers involved would heavily favor simultaneous production, at least in part of not entirely.

I really dislike the 150/350 combined print group. There's so much indication that there's what should be a clear divide between the 150's and 350's.

But as it goes with T206, there are always exceptions.
I believe this group was from sheets that were 150 sheets destined to be for EPDG. When the print job for EP was done, there would have been leftover sheets with no back printing. I believe those sheets were eventually run with P350 backs to save time and materials. That's not an uncommon thing. They'd have printed some extra fronts, to cover themselves against the eventual ones that were ruined in production. If production went well, and the EPGD back printing went well there could have been a decent stack of leftovers. Since the Piedmont orders would have been huge they'd have had Piedmonts running almost constantly. After the change to P350, any EPDG order would be a new order and probably set up for 350's since the 150 front stones were probably resurfaced to make 350 fronts. If there were enough leftovers and enough time between EPDG orders the sensible thing would have been to print P350 backs on them to use them up.

The fun question is this-
Given that the plate was probably more than 11 players, at least 12, maybe 17, maybe more, what other players were on this sheet?
They'd be players that were in EPDG for the 150 series but got carried over to 350. If the differences between 150s and 350's get sorted we'll probably find 1 or 6 or 13 or 23 more cards that are what should be 150 fronts but have 350 backs and that are just as tough as these 11.

Steve B