View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 08:10 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

How much did you sell the 1952 one for?

My experience with these is that the "value" (or at least, the price a collector will pay) tends to be all over the board. Some guys try to collect a "run" of passes, one for each year for each league. Others only want a specific year as a tie-in piece for some project they are working on. If the pass was issued to someone well-known, or if you have the original leather sheath that many of these were issued with, it can also add to the value.

I've had one for a little-known sports writer starting at $9.95 not draw a bid (think it was more recent than yours though), and I've gotten $150+ for ones issued to Joe DiMaggio, with others hitting somewhere in between, so there's a pretty good spread there.

Just my personal experience, when selling them as "auction" items. I have no idea what you're referring to with the PSA question, and have never submitted any to them, so I'll have to let others tackle that one and/or add their own experiences.