View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 01:18 PM
Dave

I think it's down in nearly all fields of unique or semi-unique vintage collectibles.

Outside of the giant clearinghouses who get granted special favors and rates, Ebay has done their best to run good smaller sellers out of town, or just make things genuinely more difficult for them, where it's no longer worth their money or their time.

Has nothing to do with a lack of free listings in my opinion. Has to do more with the back end of things. Free listings are great if you don't plan on having a decent sell through rate, or you want to put everything up for a BIN.

Most of the material disappeared when Ebay started charging the same non-tiered rate on final value fees for auctions as it did for BIN's, then really broke the camels back when they decided they wanted a cut of the S&H to.

Ironic thing is they go all out to attract the non-experienced sellers to Ebay, telling them they can just take a picture with a mobile phone, write a two word description, and BAM, instant money.

Last several items myself and my wife have purchased from Ebay from non-veteran sellers, the items have been packed very poorly and/or had pieces missing from them.

It's discouraging sometimes, but it is what it is at this point.

Things have flipped back to the way they were 15+ years ago now. Used to be Ebay was killing the auction house business, now it's come full circle and it's the other way around.