View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 03:11 PM
Pau.l C

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJR View Post
It's not about the money, it's about the hobby.

The contacting of industry professionals is not overkill. I was informed by the seller that the card was stolen. Theft is illegal.

Auction houses and TPG's should be aware that this card is now stolen property.

The bigger reason to inform the community is that we all have to be watchdogs for the hobby.

If no one looks out for one another, if theft goes unreported and/or sellers are allowed to welch on honest deals then where does it stop? I'm sure Doug Allen and Bill Mastro might have some thoughts.

Sadly on Ebay sellers and buyers sometimes do not follow through on their commitments.
Your transaction was cancelled and you were refunded. I do not believe any court in the land would consider you were robbed. I agree what the seller did was unfair and wrong, but within the world of Ebay I do not see the crime as far as your involvement is concerned.

To me there is a difference between theft and "welching" on a deal and the latter does not need notification to law enforcement and AH's.
Since you don't actually believe the card is stolen I'm not sure why you would tell TPG's & AH's that it is stolen.

If I see the card I will let you know
Paul