View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 10:35 AM

I don't think they'd answer. It looks like the number switched over to United Microwave Industries in the early 80's. I doubt they'd answer either as it seems that they made software for Commodores.

It does seem odd that they'd advertise for statues that never were produced especially when you look at one like the Dean which was mentioned in 3 ads over the course of nearly a year. I guess unless some other evidence turns up that we won't really know what was made. Even if we are back at a 20 card set, there are the variations that seem to affect most/all of those cards and the silver plated statues which may or may not have extended past the original 8 looking at the advertising. We could really use someone with a stack of Sporting News, Baseball Digest, and probably SCD magazines from 1979-1982 who also has a lot of free time to look them over.

I was looking at my 04 Beckett Catalog last night. It only lists 3 of the 7 SPs that the '10 catalog has (Ryan, Koufax, and maybe Cedeno?). It stated they were marked SP for the difficulty of the statue of those 3.