View Single Post
Old 08-30-2023, 06:39 PM
Phil Garry

Default PSA 10's vs PSA 9's

This is not a new revelation in any way, but I believe that the difference in modern/ultra-modern card values between PSA 10's and PSA 9's has gotten to the point of absolute insanity. It is common practice these days for a 10 to sell for 10X-20X what a 9 sells for of the same card. As many youtuber's have demonstrated by cropping out the slab from the two card images, it is nearly impossible to tell the difference between two cards at that grade level. Correct me if I'm wrong but this anomaly seems to have developed rapidly during the COVID boom and continues on to today.

What are your thoughts on the future of this trend? Will collectors wise up at some point and realize it's not worth it to pay 10X to 20X for a holder with a 10 on it instead of a 9 for a card in virtually the same condition? Or will this trend continue and only see the disparity get greater over time? Of course, I realize that the responses here are going to be skewed by whether you are or are not a PSA 10 collector but many on the board here probably don't have a pony in this race and will give a completely objective opinion.

Last edited by bcbgcbrcb; 08-30-2023 at 06:42 PM.