View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 03:04 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnglandBaseBallist View Post
Not to sound like a crybaby, but I wish there was somewhere I could go in this day and age where I don't have to have politics shoved down my throat 24/7. I listen to sports radio - it's all politics and hardly any sports talk (WEEI in the Boston Area being a prime example), social media - nothing but political arguments, chat boards the same thing and then of course television. It's nothing but Obama this and Trump that, even on websites and other media that have nothing whatsoever to do with politics. I once saw two guys fighting like rabid dogs about Obama and his policies a few years ago on a frigging Star Wars website. I know it's important and sometimes to the point where our freedom is at risk, but does it have to all the time? I just once would like to have a day where someone talks about a vacation they went on or a great meal they had or an anniversary or a grandchild's first birthday or how great the weather has been. Life is short enough without being pissed off and at war with each other all the time. I wish the whole country could just take a break for a week, celebrate the blessings we have in common and enjoy life. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part or the weed talking?
I am guessing a little of both but I do have to agree with your sentiments overall. That is the reason we don't discuss those things here. And I think we can all agree we should get back to talkin' cards. I am going to take Raymond's idea, right above, and close this one. It's been fun....sort of. Happy Collecting.

Last edited by Leon; 10-03-2017 at 03:05 PM.