View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Daniel E.

Default 1979 Argentine Clay Card...

My computer's been down and out of circulation for some time and until righted today (need to catch up on prior things with certain members, too, with apologies.) This said...

Leland's Auctions had this issue up for bids back in 2007 and listed its year and set name as: "1979 Argentina FOTO EN CARTON #332." That sounds to me like it may be more of a descriptive generic "set" name for the card rather than what might be the actual set's name it came from ("Box Picture" being the generic translation for "Foto En Carton"? Anyone ...?) In my own past research of certain Leland's Clay/Ali card descriptions, the year stated for some of them also does well to be additionally verified by outside others first. Leland's is not unlike some of the grading companies out there: If they don't fully know the exact details or background history of certain foreign Ali cards, often times they simply go by and include whatever the particular owner of a card happens to state to them what the issue year was as well as the original country that produced it. I've seen a lot of mistaken descriptions on various Ali issues that were slapped in slabs.

With a working computer again, I look forward to any discussions taking place regarding Clay/Ali cards as the work continues on laying out card images in my Ali Global Card Review project and its upcoming First Edition book publication, shooting for end of this year or early next's first quarter.