View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Dan Mabey

Default 1962 JELL-O Baseball Card Distribution

Folks:

As a heads up, I have written a fluff article and collaborated with Ken Marks in assembling a first-cut table depicting 1962 JELL-O cards DEFINITIVELY assigned to the gelatin, pudding, and pie filling boxes. When I use the word
definitively, we are not talking about speculative or "looks like" conjecture, but verifiable player-to-product (PTP) appearances.

The article and table has been sent to Rich Mueller of Sports Collector's Daily, and will be published on-line in the near future. I mention this because it an opportunity for advanced collectors and dealers to contribute their expertise, with the hope that we can build a comprehensive PTP table. As 1961-63 Post and 1963 JELL-O collectors can attest, having the PTP is vital to understanding scarcities and cards tough to find.

So, for 1962 JELL-O enthusiasts, this may be an opportunity to contribute your knowledge and heighten your understanding of the planning, production, and distribution of this enigmatic set. I'll provide an update when Rich goes "live" with the article. Until then, any information or experiences you care to share would be welcome.

KEEPMEPOSTED -- or -- Keep me JELL-O'd? [Doesn't have the same "ring", does it?]

Dan

Last edited by keepmeposted; 08-04-2014 at 01:52 PM. Reason: spelling error