View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 12:51 PM
Todd Schultz

Packers should have just let him rot on the bench.

Quote:
Is it that Bennett is maybe a bit spoiled, wasn't getting it together in GB, pulled an "ow my arm" like in Caddyshack, threatened to retire so he'd be cut, then perhaps had his agent lie to all the teams but one so he could get back to NE ?
Not far-fetched at all. Guys says he he's going to retire at the end of the year. Guy claims he is so hurt he needs surgery, and Packers plus their docs are treating him unfairly--damn near inhumanely. "They tried to [expletive] over me. Dr. McKenzie trying to cover his own ass. After trying to persuade me to play thru a major injury and me choosing to get surgery." Packers say that if you're in as bad a shape as you claim it's because of conditions and circumstances you knew and didn't disclose--we would have never picked you up and paid FA dollars if we knew you were going to cry your way off to surgery in less than half a season.

Now he plays in a game for New England immediately after acquisition-- the pain and potential future quality of life risks of playing with this "major injury" be damned. Per the New York Post:
"Bennett apparently told his agent to notify teams that he didn’t want to be claimed because surgery was on its way. But once he received a call from the Patriots, with whom he played last season, his apparent season-ending surgery that he so wanted to get somehow was forgotten, and the Patriots convinced the injured tight end to play again this season — immediately."

So unlike Steve, I do not have a hard time figuring out what you think is odd.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.