View Single Post
Old 03-03-2004, 05:59 PM
Administrator

Default PSA is an embarrassment to pre-war grading!

Posted By: bimmy

YES... jay, scott, todd youre starting to see how im thinking here.

Scott – exactly, if psa had several people looking at the card and finished slab this wouldn’t have happened. But im guessing, like you, only one person looked at the card, the grader who made the mistake.

Jay – i agree…though psa does have an excuse, theyre cheap and limit quality control! Psa, if they saw or were informed of the auction, should have emailed the seller saying to send the card in and they would correct it and send it back, at psa’s expense. Of course psa would have taken forever to relabel and holder the card, but that’s another issue.

Todd – “By contrast, if the typist knew from first-hand knowledge that the card was a 1922 e120 and simply mistyped 1932, then he was incredibly sloppy in not noticing the error.” Precisely the mistake I think happened.

Psa has several problems but to think that their grader actually thought a 22 caramel was a 33 would be too scary. I’ve only been collecting pre war cards for 7 years or so now and at least 6 years ago I knew what a 32 caramel looked like, and I never have been a fan of or collected caramel cards. To think someone employed at psa doesn’t have this basic knowledge is, well, as I said before, scary. Im only hoping someone doesn’t auction of a Delong in a 34 goudey holder, that I couldn’t explain.