Thread: REA Gary Cooper
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 11:17 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
no opinion on the sig, but i have to agree with rhys. going by family member's account or memory can be an iffy proposition. unless she was the curator or cataloger for her dad's collection, her account is just one piece to the puzzle and not the be all end all to the discussion.
I didn't say it was the "be all and end all to the discussion," but am saying don't just throw it out completely with a catch-all "family members' memory can be iffy" disclaimer as others seem so quick to do.

Was she the curator for Cooper's collection? Does she have intimate knowledge of the "things" he left behind when he passed? Or was she just speaking offhandedly about some photos she vaguely recalled of her dad in a baseball uniform? Based on Shelly's quote, I would tend to believe she is more the former than the latter, but either way, I think it bears further exploration rather than immediate dismissal.

Edited to add: There you go. Thanks Shelly for clearing up what kind of authority she is on the subject. That's what I get for taking longer than 6 minutes to type a post

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 04-30-2013 at 11:20 AM.