View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 06:28 AM
Kyle May

Ben,

What an excellent read. First of all, thank you to your uncle for his service. He gave the ultimate sacrifice for this country. Second of all, that story is incredible. I can't even imagine what they went through, cove-hopping on foreign islands and then landing in Australia. It's crazy, sobering, and humbling to think about. These people were heroes. I'm glad you've been able to track down some memorabilia to honor your Great Uncle. Thank you very much for sharing!

My fiancee's grandpa fought in the Pacific in WWII. I don't remember exactly which battles he was apart of, but I do know that the Japanese radio stations referred to him as "The Knife" due to the amount of Japanese he killed with his knife. He's still alive, and lives right across the street. He doesn't talk about the war much, though. His body is shot, but his mind is as sharp as a tack.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame