View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 12:04 PM
Jay Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
JC you might well be right and I am sure you know this market better than I do, but the problem I see with that card is it's in a no man's land -- it's not his first card (that would be 87 Bellingham) and it's not a rookie card. Sort of like the 2010 Trouts. Sure, the supply is scarce, but as a friend of mine once famously said, sometimes the only thing lower than the supply is the demand.

The 80 Ripkens have the advantage (to me anyhow) of being his first card. Same with the Chong Modesto Hendersons.
Yes, thats true the Bellingham is an earlier card. Population coming in around 10k as I recall. Your friend sounds like a wise person, as my friend once said sometimes a card is too rare for it's own good.

I feel that pre rookie cards have been a nitche for decades. Very under valued IMO, and I just like collecting the hard to find rare cards of potential HOFers and HOFers of the modern era.

Ive always likes the San Beradino Griffeys (platinum and blue) and even though the blue is three times easier to find, it is ten times more difficult to get a high grade in mainly because of chipping and that little print line lower left.

Agreed on your two examples that those cards are the undisputed first card and they are very scarce too! All the ingridients for making them a great investment longterm!