View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 07:10 AM
David Peck

Peter you seem to be the constant naysayer on the graded card market.

I first joined online forums in 2010 and became aware of what highly sought after graded cards were selling for at the time and the Jeter was going for just over 6k and there were at least half as many.

I would be willing to bet money you would have written at the time that someone paying that amount was just a flip buyer and that 6k is insane money for a modern day card.

Here we stand with the card north of ten times higher, the pop more than double and nothing has changed.

I can't say with any certainly what the future holds for this card but the odds of it going back to 6k are none.

The flaws on your card are obviously the upper two corners and while that is a nice copy it is clear that the card being auctioned off is nicer. I think what is tough for all collectors to wrap their head around at times is these small differences transcend into huge price gaps. It isn't going to change. The collapse of the PSA 10 isn't going to happen. Will cards come down in price in some cases? Yes but the spread between the 9's and 10's isn't going to narrow.

If anything on cards like this it is expanding.