View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 01:44 PM
Rob G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecarlton1972 View Post
That is where I am sort of confused about the PSA Grading. Now I know that centering isn't the only issue in grading a card, but I have seen PSA 8's better centered then PSA 9's on Ebay?

I guess that goes back to my original question: PSA 8 seems to be in my price range for most rookie cards (Baseball, Hockey, Basketball, Football) from the 80's/early 90's. There are some PSA 9's that are in my range, but mostly PSA 8 seems to be right around my budget.

Will I be happy with a Majority PSA 8 collection a few years down the road, or regret it? Again, I am not looking to buy and then flip these cards, but I still have the value in the back of my mind, and don't want a worthless PSA 8 collection when the majority of collectors are buying PSA 9 and 10 a few years from now? Or do PSA 8's sell just as well, just not to the high high end collectors?
Did you store your cards in binders as a kid? If you want to go the nostalgic route, get a decent binder, buy PSA 7s, crack 'em and put them in Ultra Pro sheets. Can probably get most of those cards for a few dollars each in PSA 7 (just be picky and wait for the right 6 or 7) and feel like a kid again as you hold the card and put it in a binder sheet.

If you do go this route, don't confine yourself to just PSA. SGC and Beckett will also be available.

Good luck with what you decide!
Rob