View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Default Mitchell, Cin. & other E90-1 rarities .....

Posted By: cmoking

It is interesting how the PSA/SGC pop reports differ so much from the general concensus of some collectors. There are clearly some problems with those pop reports, but I wouldn't have guessed the numbers would be so far different.

I care about VG or better cards...and for the most part, I collect them in SGC/PSA holders. I have ranked the E90 cards based on toughness of cards in VG or higher SGC/PSA holders...and here is the list. The numbers are from a few months ago, pop reports are different now...for example there is now a PSA 5 Gray whereas there wasn't a few months back when I compiled these numbers. So these are not up-to-date.

1. Gray
1. Shean
3. Dougherty
3. McLean (this is why his cards have been sky-high in auctions)
5. Bemis
5. Richie
5. Siegle
8. Bliss, Hall, Lobert, McInnes, Unglaub and Walsh
14 Honus Wagner Throwing

Mitchell is 35th, having 8 cards graded VG or higher by PSA and SGC combined. It's possible some of those cards are actually the same card, as there are people who cross over from one holder to another, as well as those trying to get a bump in grade. That's one problem with the pop reports. But I still think it is usefull...and I find the difference here (Mitchell not being in the top 10) interesting compared to collector's viewpoints.