View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 09:06 AM
Jay T.

1972 BB is harder to complete the high numbers than 1971. They just are not as plentiful. If you buy cards by lots, you will notice that there tends to be more 71 highs than 72 highs.

1971/72 Basketball is actually kind of tough. I just don't see as many of them out there. I have to think it was a down year for card sales in Basketball. There really are no tough cards in particular.

1972/73 Basketball is not particularly hard, although the Erving rookie, even in lower grades, is often held on to and not as plentiful.

1971 Football is pretty easy. The big cards being Bradshaw and Mean Joe Greene. If you need to have a graded example, they can cost a bit, but if not, you can find some real bargains. Nothing is rare on these.

1972 Football is very hard because of the high number series. They are very rare and hard to complete. The lower series is very easy to complete with the only big card being the Staubach rookie. This can be had fairly reasonably as its kind of plentiful.

There is a joy to completing these sets. I've got higher grade sets and am working on second, lower grade sets. Those are as much fun, if not moreso than the first set. There is a joy at finding a superstar hard card like a 71 Ryan for only $5.