Thread: DH to the NL??
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 12:16 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Derek, I think you are oversimplifying by saying those against the NL DH are "purists", "antiquated" in our thinking, and refusing any change. I think several have acknowledged what we've considered as having been good changes, just don't think this one is good.

As said, it's a personal preference. I personally love getting deep into the strategy of the game while watching (similar to watching NFL), anticipating managerial moves, etc. From this standpoint, I find AL games boring as hell in comparison to NL games. I'm a huge Giants fan who likes the A's, but I'd be much more likely to watch the Bucs play the Cards on Sunday night than I would to sit through any A's game. This has nothing to do with being unwilling to accept change, just prefer the more dynamic tactics and strategies at play in NL ball.

I'm happy to agree to disagree, as long as the DH doesn't invade the NL. You clearly enjoy the game differently than those who oppose the DH. Totally fine, you have your league and we ours.