View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 11:43 PM
Administrator

Default Miscuts vs. Trimmed

Posted By: 1880nonsports

is altered. Altered is bad. Putting it in a slab and noting that it is altered but legitimate allows people that are less concerned with what makes up a card - or have price restrictions - to add something to their collection. The prices on these cards across the board have been rising as have the prices for ALL grades of cards. I own two trimmed cards that are the only examples I have been able to find for my sets. Because I'm an anal completest I felt them nessesary. Sometimes only low grade and trimmed examples are all that's available. I wouldn't buy a trimmed card under ANY other circumstance. A mis-cut card is all about eye-appeal and the scarcity issues. My general thought is that when you slab ANYTHING - there is an implied approval or ligitimacy irrespective of the label - human nature. This having been said; if the "look" of the cards are equal - the miscut card will always sell for more - because it is in fact "better" when compared to something that no longer exists in it's original state.