View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 08:44 PM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default bought a few sets like this

- three ivory balls and a box - back in the late 1990's early 2000's. Balls appear as they should. The box is different than the ones I purchased in terms of the inner label and think all the ones I bought sported 2 white balls and a red one. Perhaps a marriage of two sets? A bumper game? I would figure actual buy/sell value in most circumstances would be in the 500. - 600.00 range and I suppose that 900.00 on demand wouldn't be that far out of line so many years later as the available supply continues to dwindle. I ran into a few people that expressed their interest in carving them while I was out and about in the general antiquing venues. Sinful to me but...........
I will examine the pix of the box more closely when time permits. I believe Ron Oser is a pool/billiard collector - and a friend here in Florida was one of the larger strictly pool/billiards dealers in the 90's. I'll have to buy him lunch so if I find out anything worthy of sharing - you'll get the bill. He orders TWO complete meals when it's on me and water accompanied by toast points when we pay for ourselves.......