View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 05:17 PM

Mr. Fballguy or Rob G.

If it helps with your concerns - and anyone else's, my replica promos (both football and baseball) are made of Ceramic. Not Paper Mache as were the originals. My baseball replicas weigh ~3.5 LBS and the football replicas weigh ~4.2 LBS. A real original football promo dolls weighs ~2.1 LBS. I realize that not everyone has had a real promo in their hands. That's why I made them with a ceramic material instead of paper mache. The weight and sound of my dolls should make people realize what they have. I could very easily have made them out of paper mache. I have tried my best to police what leaves my home. That is why I will not duplicate any of the 60's promo designs. It wouldn't be fair to the people who have spent $10K to $40K for a real football promo. Yes - I have had a Minnesota Vikings promo come to my house for repairs. The owner spent ~$40,000 for it.
Also, I engrave the bottoms of all the dolls and write my initials inside all the heads. These are custom made and I have nothing in stock. They are made to order for customers who want a unique item on their shelf. Isn't that what collection all about? Collecting what you like?

Last edited by nodderville; 01-16-2019 at 12:32 PM.