Thread: Stat Authentic
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Default Stat Authentic

Posted By: Mark

I would agree almost completely with Jon... although even that Killebrew doesn't look quite right to me. As Jon indicated... any that might be OK are probably not worth the price of the authentication.

Index Cards of the more "common" HOFers don't command enough money to warrant authentication (unless you just want it for your own piece of mind). In many cases, the authentication costs more than the piece itself.

The big question here of course, is the Cap Anson. I agree that it is most likely one of those "Operation Bullpen" pieces. There are just so many like this being offered up regularly by Coaches Corner. And they always sell for a fraction of what they would (if authentic). Some of these are pretty convincing, and this one does look pretty close.

Since the Anson would be worth 20 times all the others combined, you may want to submit to PSA for a "Quick Opinion"... just on the "off-chance" that it's good. It is a long-shot, but may be worth taking the chance (I don't think they charge very much for the quick opinions).