View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay fees on returns

Posted By: edacra

What's the best method for Sellers to get their fees refunded to them on returns?

Here's a common scenario for me on ebay...I buy something, it arrives trimmed or there's some other problem the Seller should be accountable for...they agree to refund me my money MINUS their fees. I even had one Seller hit me with negative feedback on what was supposed to be a mutually withdrawn sale, becuase he said it was the only way Ebay would give him his fees back. Why am I getting stung for sending back screwy merchandise? Now I know Ebay will return fees and I'm all for the seller getting his $1.30 back....and I'll even eat the shipping, but I feel like I'm being double-scammed.

The latest were a bunch of 1948 Signal Oil cards that looked like they were cut with safety scissors. The total was only $31 including shipping, but the guy wants to keep $5 for "fees and the hassle". It's not my fault he thinks these gas station issued cards "came cut from a food box just like the day they came out", why should I pay?

I think I'm half venting, and half asking for advice.