View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Dan Bretta

Default Today's Estate Sale Find -Autograph thread :)

My brother called me from a tag sale that we heard about through a friend..if not for this friend we would not have known about it as it was not advertised...this tag sale outfit apparently advertises with a mailing list only....anyway he called me and asked me if a "Prep" football with autographs was worth picking up...I asked him who the autos were and he said "Floyd Cardwell"...I asked him if it said Lloyd Cardwell and he said "yeah that's probably it"...I told him it could be a Nebraska football. I asked him how much they wanted and he said ten bucks...I told him to grab it...when he brought it over to my house I noticed the DX Bible right away...for sure a Husker ball..the names on the ball make this a 1936. NFL Hall of Famer Link Lyman signed the ball too...he had played at Nebraska in the late teens to early twenties and his NFL career was over by 1936 so I wonder if he was an assistant coach to Bible?? Another notable on the ball is NCAA hall of famer Sam Francis...also snagged some unbelievable Spalding Football Pants from around that era too and a High School letterman sweater that also has a Spalding tag....plus a bunch of other Husker pinbacks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01653.jpg (78.1 KB, 533 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01658.jpg (76.1 KB, 537 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01660.jpg (77.0 KB, 534 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01659.jpg (73.7 KB, 533 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01662.jpg (77.5 KB, 534 views)