Thread: 1952 Bowman
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 03:32 PM
Dav1d Sh1p$ey

Default 1952 Bowman

A few years ago, I won a lot of EX/EX+ 1952 Bowman cards from a very respected auction house. The auction lot had very accurate descriptions and pics of the card fronts but no mention or pics of the card backs. When I got the cards, I was not happy that 70% of the card backs had wax stains. I know wax stains are very common with Bowmans, but I wasn't expecting that many.

I emailed the auction house and told them I felt misled and they should have provided a few back scans in the listing or at least a description. They replied that they don't post back scans on most postwar cards, and that since PSA doesn't penalize harshly for wax stains on Bowmans and the hobby accepts them as normal for the issue, they didn't think a description was necessary.

I am looking for opinions, especially from Bowman collectors. Was I misled? I know I should have asked questions before I bid, but should the AH have posted scans or descriptions of the card backs? I haven't bid with them since. If the consensus is I shouldn't feel like I was misled, I will consider doing business with them again in the future.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

david

Last edited by slipk1068; 01-26-2018 at 03:45 PM.