Thread: A dilemma....
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Default A dilemma....

Posted By: George

Hi Everyone,
I recently purchased a T206 from eBay and just discovered yesterday that the card was trimmed. I payed what I would consider a substantial amount of the money for the card although I was willing to pay the price for the card with the belief that it was unaltered.

I was doing a search via the T206 price estimator and discovered that the identical card which I purchased was purchased a few months back by the seller. The original ebay listing clearly states that the card has been trimmed and the auction which I purchased had no indication that the card was altered.

I contacted the seller and sent him the link. This "honest" seller proceeded to tell me that I have no proof that he had prior knowledge and continues to send me condescending one liners like "still waiting..."

I apologize for bringing this up here versus something like ebay or paypal resolution center but wanted to get feedback from some of the folks here upfront to see if there are any suggestions. I don't think my claims are unwarranted and I'm very disappointed that an individual claiming to be an honest seller would act in such a manner.

I'm tempted to send the link to the card in question but really don't want to ream out this seller.

George