Thread: CANO to Seattle
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 11:07 PM

I don't think my post indicated that I feel like all players should flock to the Yankees. I indicated a fairly rational explanation for the likely outlook of many Yankee fans, and I am someone with ties and an interest in BOTH teams. I was responding to a post about the entitlement of Yankee fans--maybe some fans have a sense of entitlement (isn't being a fan of any team about entitlement in some way, shape, or form?). Yankee fans have high expectations, not because of pinstripes, but because of their market and their money. Should a post about Yankee fan expectations and the fact that they are likely to win more postseason games than the M's be taken to mean that "all baseball players should flock to the Yankees"? Or that all fans should be Yankee fans? No and no.

I'm sorry if my post was taken to be about Yankee fan superiority, or interpreting my advocacy for people being fair-weather fans. That was not my intention. I think anyone who is being objective would agree with the statement I made, and know that it was not about the actual superiority of teams or fans. I have a huge rooting interest in the M's and would like to see them have a successful run.

I also love baseball, in general, and have an interest in parity in the game.

Are you defending Eric Wedge with your rhetorical question about managers?

Last edited by Old Hoss; 12-06-2013 at 11:26 PM.