View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 08:29 PM

Default For Sale : 1973 Topps Football Set NM (Every Card Scanned) SOLD

Hi All

Ive been a high grade collector of the 1973 Topps Football set for 30 years now, and over the years I have accumulated a vast amount of cards in my never ending quest for the perfect set.

The 73 Set, like most all of the Topps issues from the decade offers its own challenge due to the lack of quality control at the time.

Centering, print flaws are among the most common problems one can expect to encounter with the 1973 Topps set.

One of the more unique flaws that I commonly see with the 73 set is what I call "Ghost Spots" These are print flaws that create white surface spots that are hard to see unless under good lighting.

Today I have a very nice and clean Near Mint complete Set to offer.

It has some typical hit and miss centering, but overall I believe you would be hard pressed to find much better centering on a NM set. Surely none of the overstated ebay or dealer sets are going to match it.

The cards are sharp with nice clean original surfaces. There are a handful of cards with wax on the back(all are noted in the scans)

Overall the set breaks down :
10% EXMT or less (This includes the wax stain cards)
80% NM or better
10% NM-MT

So let's take a look at the set as I have scanned every card. They are in numerical order #1-#528

Some very solid Leader cards to lead off the set.
I will be back to continue the set. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

John Clayes (BigRedOne)

Last edited by BigRedOne; 03-06-2014 at 11:48 PM. Reason: update