Thread: PSA & wrinkles
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 10:58 AM
D@le Irv*n

[QUOTE=DeanH3;1511546]
Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
ECV, like me, you're going to have to get use to the fact that there are a lot of variations between grades.

+1... This is a good sentiment to accept. And your card is a great example of "buy the card not the holder."

Regarding newer vs older holders. It does seem that PSA has been ridiculously harsh on grading over the last year or so. However, don't assume a new holder = a recently graded card. Many cards have been reholdered so you have to pay attention to the serial number get get a better idea if it's been reholdered or recently graded. PSA does not regrade the card when it's reholdered. So an earlier graded PSA 4 that wouldn't grade a 4 today, stays a 4. I sure hope I made sense with my rambling.
I wondered about that?

Thanks for clearing that up.

What exactly are those that are choosing to get their cards re-holdered looking for?
I can understand if their original is all scratched or whatever, but if not, then why the reholding?
Is it to make it look like their card(s) has been recently graded in order to retain a higher value that came with the original grade?

Not a bad deal imo, especially since they will know, in most cases, their card(s) will grade lower if they were re-submitted rather than just reslabbed.

Lots of tricks in this business, and I learn more everyday.