Thread: Top 5 pieces
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 07:33 AM
P.aul Orl,in

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
Awesome "low grade" cards! Their eye appeal is better than most 6s and 7s I've seen for sale lately!

And Paul, awesome Wagner "rookie". It looks like you have the full National Copper Plate bound collection...there are many other "rookies" in there that I would love to have...nice one and oh so rare!

and Kenny, if you ever get tired of looking at your Wheat minor league cabinet, let me know...since it's only #4 on your list, maybe there's hope

Thanks, i do have the bound copper plate set (minus 5, including the Anson, i had to fill in, but accomplished!). i think that is the most amazing set, the pictures are awesome and they have the full description and information on the back. i consider them the first cards and they are perhaps the earliest ones with any player info? so many rookies in there.

i have the M-101 sporting news supplement set too. some different player selection (as an aside, I managed to get a few Delehantys at very reasonable prices while completing, for some reason he is listed in the guide, and was priced at auction, as a common ..but it's Ed Delehanty).

Steve Verkman broke up a Copper Plate set recently and still has a bunch for sale (minus some of the keys but still many HOF's left). was able to finish the set from his sale.

i love that Walter Johnson Tuxedo above! amazing.

Paul